Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A band for all seasons

I was listening to a Red Hot Chili Peppers song on my way home from the beach tonight, and it got me thinking that the Chilis are a particularly "summery" kind of band. By that, I mean when you hear their music, you tend to think of summer (at least I do anyway). Probably has something to do with them being from California.

But I wondered if other bands have a particular season that they make you think of

Here's a band for each season from my music collection that I've come up with:
  • Summer: Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Autumn: The Music
  • Winter: Radiohead
  • Spring: Journey
You may agree or disagree with the above. Personally, I think it's easier to find examples of summer and winter (probably due to them being more seasonal extremes than transitions like autumn and spring).

But, I pose the question to you, what are some of your seasonal bands?

4 comments:

Kale said...

Winter == Wintersun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnhdJVh9iIY

Cheese said...

Would there be such a thing as "summer" metal?

thornate said...

The Cat Empire are definately Summer music. Partly because they sing about chilling and partying in the summer sun, partly because of the upbeat tempo of their music and mostly because I first listened to them in a very hot summer back in 2003.

Cheese said...

Thorn - agreed.